i see people who eat ice-cream without measuring, crying, worrying
i see people who go to parties without anxiety, pain, fear
i see people who can sleep at night without nightmares, intrusive thoughts, headaches
i see people who lock their doors without checking, re-checking, re-checking
i see people who are happy
i see people who are living
and then there’s me
- one bad test grade does not mean a failed class.
- an unhealthy meal does not make you unhealthy.
- one unkind remark does not make you a bad person.
- one cut, one binge, one purge, one fix does not mean being clean is hopeless.
- one mistake does not make you a failure.
- one million mistakes do not make you a failure.
(Source: sammysnowman, via rantrittojr)
"The hardest thing about depression is that it is addictive. It begins to feel uncomfortable not to be depressed. You feel guilty for feeling happy." Pete Wentz (via hopelesslyhealing)
"Do something instead of killing time, because time is killing you." Coelho, Paulo (1947-*)
(Source: larmoyante, via strippedclean)
"1. I don’t like folding laundry or talking about my emotions. I’m likely to leave both scattered all over. Things to know before promising you’ll stay (via perfect)
2. I’m not much for cooking but there will always be coffee.
3. I’ll wear anything of yours with sleeves. I love when they’re long enough to wrap around my hands.
4. Sometimes the world is too harsh, too big. It’s hard to leave the house on days like those.
5. When I was sick as a kid my mom would run a bath for me and wash my hair. It was always so soothing. Maybe you could do that every once in a while.
6. I find it difficult to finish most things. My room is home to countless journals of incomplete thoughts.
7. I won’t love you any less in December. I think my heart just wasn’t meant for the cold.
8. I never truly know why I’m crying so don’t bother to ask, simply be there.
9. There’s whiskey in the medicine cabinet.
10. If things get terribly bad, please don’t give up. Get me in the car and drive to the sea. The waves beneath my toes will wake me up and I’ll be yours again."
(Source: fraggybird, via notevenheroes)